Junior Development Chef
Disgrifiad o’r Swydd
- NPD sample generation – Ensuring customer samples are made to specification, to a high-quality standard, in line with the customer brief.
- Accurately interpret customer briefs.
- Recipe formulation with commercial awareness ensuring methods are in-line with the business capabilities.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is detailed and correct.
- Proactively seek out NPD opportunities and ideas that will enhance business performance and complement internal and customer strategies.
- Maintain awareness of new, innovative ingredients, raw materials, suppliers and relevant market trends to enable the development of ‘first to market’ products.
- Liaise with cross functional departments.
- Assist with customer presentations.
- Work closely with the process team and cross functional teams to ensure smooth transition of products from kitchen to launch.
- Recording temp, pH, brix and viscosity of recipes
- Preparation of ingredients for sample make up (in production and kitchen).
- Coding and storing or retained samples.
- Ensure all kitchen health and safety procedures are adhered to.
- Recipe developments
- Sample creation
- Record keeping
- Commercially awareness on developments
- Understand customers development timings of briefs and processes
- Feedback to Beacon on market trends and competitor info
- Undertake reasonable tasks as requested by line manager
• A qualified Chef with a passion for developing new and exciting products
• Good team worker – working towards the common goal
• Good planning, organisation and communication skills.
• Experience of working within a food manufacturing role would be desirable.
• Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• PC Literate.