Material Controller/ 7.5T Driver
Disgrifiad o’r Swydd
Pwrpas y swydd:
Provide first class support to the Warehouse, Logistics and Manufacturing Management Team, maintaining an efficient and accurate process of stock usage.
Principle responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Comply with and promote company Health and Safety policies, procedures, SOPs, work instructions, notices and FLT check sheets.
- Maintain the company’s hygiene standards and procedures, operating within good health, safety and manufacturing practices (GMP), including a “clean as you go” policy.
- On a daily basis, pick raw materials for production, ensuring quantities, lot no.’s and best before end dates are correct, whilst adhering to company barcode scanning procedures at all times. Work with Key Material Controller (Shift Supervisor) to ensure ‘job picking’ is always a minimum of 36hrs ahead of the production schedule in line with Warehouse KPI. Ensure that stock picked for production is correctly labelled with ‘job no’ information prior to leaving the warehouse.
- Ensure raw materials are supplied to production O.T.I.F. Ensure downtime due to waiting for materials (extra requests) is kept to a minimum in line with Warehouse KPI whilst ensuring that health, safety and hygiene standards are not compromised.
- When required, drive the company 7.5t vehicle to ensure all pallets of finished product are moved from the Factory to the Warehouse, keeping Factory airlock and Production areas clear at all times.
- When required, ensure that goods returned from production are checked and returned to correct locations within the Warehouse in a timely manner, following barcode scanning procedures at all times. Ensure pallets of ‘returns’ are kept to a minimum at all times.
- Ensure all customer orders are picked in correct stock rotation and loaded in a timely manner and the corresponding paperwork is completed.
- Liaise with Logistics Co-Ordinators daily with regards to progress of finished product order picking, highlighting any issues as they arise.
- When required, liaise with Logistics Co-Ordinators with regards to Warehouse capacity. Ensure ‘shunt’ trailers are loaded in a timely manner and all stock transfers between Warehouse and external storage facilities are completed correctly.
- Play an active part in maintaining departmental stock accuracy levels by reporting any stock discrepancies to the Key Material Controller (Shift Supervisor), Warehouse Supervisor and Stock Controller as and when they arise.
- Ensure aisles are kept clear at all times in accordance with company health & safety procedures and that all pallets are scanned to the correct racking locations.
When required load and unload all incoming/outgoing goods.
- Ensure all quality records under BRC Global Food Standard are completed & correct.
- Liaise and discuss with members of the quality team, any issues relating to the quality of goods.
- React to problems as they occur. Communicate issues to the Key Material Controller as they arise, making suggestions on corrective measures. Maintain good open communications.
- Assist the Key Material Controller with any job you are given, ensuring it is to the required standard.
- Suggest improvements to current work practices within the Warehouse/Logistics process.
- Constant drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation with ability to motivate others.
- Committed and disciplined
- Well organised with excellent time management skills
- Clear and concise communication skills are mandatory – able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business
- Ability to work constructively under pressure and to required deadlines
- Accurate and timely reporting skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience of working within a similar manufacturing environment
Bydd profiad, sgiliau a gwybodaeth yn cynnwys:
- Licensed (or eligible under acquired rights) and experienced in operating a 7.5t vehicle
- Computer literate. Skills to include use of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook and MRP systems (previous experience of working with ROSS beneficial)
- Confident team player with the ability to identify issues and proactively resolve them.
- Excellent eye for detail, with accurate and timely reporting skills.
- FLT licence – Flexi Truck & Counter Balance
- Basic Food Hygiene training
- Basic Health & Safety awareness
To apply for the job please email your CV to Jobs@halofoods.co.uk
Company benefits: Free onsite parking, pension.