Quality Assurance Assistant
Disgrifiad o’r Swydd
Welsh Lady Preserves is a family-run business established in 1966, and makers of a wide range of premium fruit preserves and savoury sauces using traditional methods.
We manufacture, promote, and sell our own Welsh Lady brand, but also offer a private label and bespoke manufacturing service. As a Company, we pride ourselves on being at the forefront of innovation and are frequently involved in bringing new and exciting products to market. We have established a reputation for producing the highest quality products and have won multiple awards.
We are now looking for a Quality Assurance Assistant to join us at our factory on the beautiful Llyn Peninsula in North Wales, based just off the A499 between Pwllheli and Caernarfon. It is an exciting time at Welsh Lady; the business is expanding rapidly, and we need someone to assist in monitoring manufacturing and packing of all products included within the scope of Welsh lady Preserves’ processes. You will assist the Technical and General Managers in ensuring that the site conforms to the requirements of the Quality and Food Safety Management system, BRC standard, Food Safety Law and Legislation, and customer specification.
· Monitor process operations and verify that key parameters or critical control points are operating within acceptable safe limits by testing and assessment.
· Record test results, data; organise and administer documents in the execution of tasks.
· Document and quarantine material that is found to be outside agreed limits or found unacceptable.
· Be able to calibrate testing equipment, such as Metal Detector, Ph meter, digital thermometer and balances.
· To understand the steps that can be taken as corrective action if a process or material is operating outside agreed limits.
· To interpret the data collated and communicate when outside agreed limits to Managers and colleagues.
· To conduct site audits concerned with hygiene, housekeeping, fabric, HACCP, pre-requisites such as stock rotation and Quality Management Systems.
· Participate in discussions to improve product quality and performance by sensory evaluation and Management Systems.
· To assist the Technical Manager with the maintenance of the Quality Management Systems and HACCP plans.
· Work co-operatively as part of a team, but also be able to work independently and unsupported in order to fulfil tasks.
· Carry out tasks in support of and allied to production and packing of jams and preserves as required.
· Train and mentor team members as and when necessary.
· Fulfil tasks safely and not put others at risk by your actions in delivery.
· Comply with Company policies and procedures.
· Experience of a Food production environment.
· Qualifications in Mathematics and English.
· Good numeracy, literacy and communication skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to follow written procedures/instructions.
· Must be a team player.
· Adaptable and flexible in your approach to work.
· Able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
· Of smart and clean appearance, with excellent personal hygiene.
Holiday Entitlement 28 Days including Bank Holidays
7.45am-4.15pm Mon-Thurs, 7.45am-3.30pm Fridays.
Some overtime may be required during busy periods.