Quality Management Technician
Disgrifiad o’r Swydd
● To analyse existing industry practices within the Industrial partners’ premises and implement interventions that aim to improve business operations.
● Identify the steps needed to embed improvements within the industrial partner’s premises and manage the implementation of changes in accordance with good management practice and in compliance with relevant legislation and industry technical instructions.
● To efficiently implement Food Safety and Quality Management Systems via a variety of methods, using a structured approach and to an agreed timetable in line with business objectives.
● To support the attainment of accreditation to BRCGS START! Global Markets – Food Safety INTERMEDIATE and work towards and support the attainment of BRCGS Global standard –Food Safety Version 8.
● Undertake a formal evaluation of the project and report.
1. Qualifications (Essential):
HNC / D or above
Experience at a supervisory level within the food industry within quality assurance, new product development, or production.
BSc (Hons) in any science subject or equivalent
A driving licence or access to transport
2. Knowledge (Essential):
Project specific knowledge relating to themes within the Scheme (e.g. food safety/microbiology, technical systems, new product development etc.)
Understanding of statutory requirements and their impact upon the working environment.
3. Skills and Abilities relating to role (Essential):
Computer literate, including, information searching, databases and spreadsheets.
Skills and Abilities relating to role (Desirable):
Interpersonal skills to relate to a variety of professionals, clients and food manufacturing personnel in a multi-cultural environment.
4. Experience paid / unpaid (Essential):
Relevant industrial experience is essential if the education / qualification specifications are not fully met. Experience may include sector specific or exposure to food or food related industries.
Experience paid / unpaid (Desirable):
Industrial work experience in the food industry.
5. Other Requirements (Essential):
Demonstrable ambition to develop a management career in the food industry.
Organised and diligent, with the ability to follow-up tasks to ensure timely completion.
Ability to develop working relationships with organisations and business partners.
Willingness to undertake further training/development specific to the project goals and objectives.
Self-motivation, enthusiasm and ability to work under own initiative.
Appreciation of the importance of confidentiality.
Ability and willingness to travel to multiple sites, Grwp Llandrillo Menai and other locations.
Willingness to work as part of a team, including on the line when necessary in order to verify processes and procedures.
Other Requirements (Desirable):
Creative thinker, able to put ideas into practice.
Full time position as a Knowledge Transfer Affiliate in collaboration with Grwp Llandrillo Menai Food Technology Centre, in collaboration with Food Innovation Wales
Use the below link to access the Grwp Llandrillo Menai website where an application form is to be found. Use this route for ALL applications: