Math o Gytundeb
Llawn amser, Parhaol
Llun i Gwener 9am i 5pm
£40k i 50k
Cyfeirnod Swydd : FSC-JNB-227
Disgrifiad o’r Swydd
Technical/Senior Quality Manager for two production sites and one distribution site. With responsibility for Laboratory, Quality Assurance, Water and New product development.
- To ensure product is manufactured in a safe and hygienic manner through the application of HACCP principles.
- To facilitate the application of legislative and customer requirements through a practically applied Quality Management System.
- To deliver accurate, relevant and timely information and assessments of product, services and facilities to meet quality and environmental standards and specification.
- To manage the daily running of Technical, QA and Hygiene operations including all employees and equipment allocated within it, whilst maximising labour resources in a manner that meets Codes of Practice and retains the quality of the cleaning, product and production operations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure that an adequate Quality Management System is maintained so as to prevent the production of substandard product and product recalls.
- Manage all technical aspects of new product development including specification management using customer systems such as My Core, Tesco Connect and others as well as internal specification and QAS management.
- Manage all technical visits and audits including where relevant uploading visit reports and corrective actions to the relevant customer technical systems.
- Manage the Sedex system and be a main driver of the SMETA Ethical audit in conjunction with HR and the H&S departments
- Review all artwork against specification and legislation for accuracy and legality before approval.
- To ensure that there are sufficiently qualified and competent people within the team to deliver the desired level of technical service.
- To provide guidance, appropriate training and mentoring to develop all staff in own departments and production.
- To ensure customer satisfaction and confidence with respect to food safety.
- To ensure statutory obligations, customer requirements, company policies with respect to Food Safety and Due Diligence are met and consistently applied.
- To ensure that procedures and methods are adequate to prevent contamination of product.
- To monitor and complete all relevant documentation that relate to quality, hygiene, the laboratory and water.
- To achieve technical targets and to provide guidance to encourage others to achieve their targets
- Enforce adherence to the housekeeping standards expected by the company and its customers.
- Monitoring of direct reports time and attendance and initiate disciplinary action, following the company disciplinary policy at all times.
- When required by senior management, carry out any other duties provided that adequate training and supervision is given where deemed necessary.
- Ensure food safety of products
- Continuously improve quality standards and food safety
- Deliver compliance to customer and 3rd party accreditation standards
- Enhance customer satisfaction
- Encourage, explore and deliver Innovation
- Achieve budgetary targets
- Practice good communication skills between working colleagues, supervisory personnel and other relevant departments, i.e. Maintenance and Despatch, where required.
- Practice good communication skills with Senior colleagues, customers and 3rd Party visitors to site where required.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Ensure you follow safe working practices as stipulated within the company policy.
- Strictly follow online procedures & regulations.
- Protective equipment as defined by company policy must be worn at all times.
- COSHH training must be given to anyone handling chemicals.
- All employees must comply with the requirements of the companies Health & Safety policy, and all other Health & Safety policies and procedures in force.
- Every employee must take reasonable care for the health, safety and welfare of himself/herself, and of any other person who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions at work. (Health and Safety at Work Act 1974) (Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulation 1999)
HYGIENE AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Strict hygiene and housekeeping practice must be followed at all times:
- Must be able to manage HACCP – Food Safety Must have HACCP level 3 level 4 preferred
- Keep immediate work area clean and tidy.
- The correct PPE for the task being performed must be worn at all times.
- The Company policy on jewellery must be followed at all times.
- Hand washing procedures must be adhered to.
Direct accountabilities for Quality Policy, Quality Management System, Quality Culture / Quality Survey, HACCP, Pest Control, QA/ Lab / Technical Training, Process Control, Physical & Chemical Contamination risk, Control of Non-conforming product, Product Release, Traceability, Technical Support, Product Analysis, Shelf Life Testing, Nutritional analysis, Specifications, Supplier Assurance, Document Control, Record Keeping, Complaint Handling, Internal Auditing, Incident Management and Product Recall, VACCP/TACCP, Risk assessments, Site Visits, Audits and Projects, Direction of Technical and Hygiene teams, Water management / control, Water legislation, Water allocation, New product development, Ethical audits, Staff facilities.
Indirect accountabilities for Environmental Policy, Engineering, Site Layout, Development, Waste, Waste disposal, Transport, Personal Hygiene, Medical Screening, Protective Clothing, Operational Training, Equipment Validation, Purchasing, Health and Safety, Workwear and laundry.