Uwch Dechnolegydd Bwyd
Math o Gytundeb
37 Awr Llun-Gwe
£40,927 - £46,042
Zero2Five Food Industry Centre
Cyfeirnod Swydd : FSC-JNB-237
Disgrifiad o’r Swydd
Responsibility for the development and delivery of ‘best in class’ food manufacturing technical expertise to support the Welsh Food Industry Sector and supply chain via WG funded projects and the UK Food industry and stakeholders via commercial/other Food Industry Centre (FIC) mechanisms. This will be realised through the progressive management of the highly motivated Food industry Centre Technologists and Knowledge transfer affiliates.
What you’ll do – key duties
- Responsibility for the supervision and monitoring of the design, development and manufacture of new products, processes and systems for Micro, SMEs and large organisations in line with current legislation and quality standards, undertake and or support project research as required to complete the project innovation.
- Support for scoping all funded and commercial projects in line with Cardiff Metropolitan Universities and FIC policies and procedures, liaise with Research & Enterprise department to achieve compliance for commercial projects.
- Undertake ‘best in class’ project research, management and implementation as required to complete the bespoke projects.
- Network with senior managers in an industrial setting to support the delivery of technical strategies and projects as required.
- Responsibility for undertaking gap analyses (against a Technical Standard), at company premises, to identify technical needs and define action plans for implementation.
What you’ll bring – essential experience & strengths
- Relevant previous experience in the food manufacturing industry in the field of technical, process or quality systems and compliance management.
- Experience of managing technical/compliance areas of the food industry.
- Experience of Managing part or the whole of BRC /QMS compliant technical systems.
- Experience of leading, managing and developing a team
- Effective project Management Skills to include, time management, logistics, meeting management and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead and develop teams, assess both written work and team member’s performance as appropriate, giving positive feedback for improvement.
What you’ll have – essential qualifications
- Degree in an appropriate, relevant science discipline (2:2 or above) (e.g. Food Science or Food Technology) or equivalent qualification.
- Level 3 HACCP & Level 3 Food Safety in manufacturing and demonstrable experience of implementing HACCP in a working manufacturing environment.
- Lead auditor /internal auditor qualification, or demonstrable equivalent industry experience in auditing practices.
Our total reward package
We have a range of great benefits for employees including:
- Annual leave of 35 days, plus 12 bank holiday and concessionary days
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme with generous contributions
- Access to all library facilities
- Award winning sports and fitness facilities with subsidised membership, plus subsidised physiotherapy/complementary therapy/sports massage
Please visit our website for information about working for us, our culture, benefits, work-life balance and our career progression and development opportunities.
Apply online at www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/jobs