Bottling Hall Operative
8am – 4.30pm, Monday – Friday
Aber Falls Distillery
Ref : FSC-JNB-180
Ensure the correct operation of equipment and processes whilst maintaining Company standards. Be proactive in seeking areas for continuous improvement to drive the business forward and reduce the operational costs. Be fully responsible for all aspects of Quality Assurance and Health & Safety throughout the process.
(Multiple positions available).
· To be aware of products to be run at the start of each shift and ensure the correct labels are available.
· To ensure specification sheet is followed at all times.
· Ensure all bottling is conducted in accordance with Company hygiene requirements.
· To be aware at all times of the Company health and safety policy.
· Feed all line equipment magazines, excluding filling machines, with required materials including shrink film and labels.
· Operation of all downstream equipment. Knowledge of all operating screens/controls.
· Participate in line equipment changes as required.
· Identify and rectify basic faults on multi-wrapper, handle applicator, tray-packer, board-wrappers and associated labellers and conveyoring.
· Highlight any consumable shortages to avoid unnecessary downtime.
· Ensure daily production programme is completed in the most efficient or priority order and react to any changes in the programme.
· To ensure that materials are effectively used and wastage is maintained within permitted levels
· To ensure maximum effective utilisation of machinery
· Ensure that the bottling equipment is maintained. Feed machines with materials and undertake changeover for new SKUs
· To ensure production administration procedures are properly and accurately completed within the requisite timescales that may involve use of SAP.
Knowledge, experience and work skills needed:
• Previous experience in a food-manufacturing environment.
• GCSE Level or equivalent education.
• Dedicated, resourceful, flexible and self-motivated.
• FLT license preferable.
• To be alert at all times.
• To have and use common sense.
• To have good attendance and punctuality.
• Good mathematical skills.
• Must be able to work the required shift pattern.
Please return a CV to Carole Jones at Carole@AberFallsDistillery.com