Craft Engineering Manager
What does your typical day look like?
• Continually develop our engineering & safety systems to improve the wellbeing of our employees
• Lead the engineering team to continuously improve plant reliability whilst meeting the requirements of a complex, high volume production site
• Delivery of financial engineering labour and R&R budget aligned with the delivery of site KPIs (waste, TOS, efficiency, machine uptime, planned tonnage, accidents.)
• Support embedding site principles within Engineering as part of the Llantarnam Improvement Strategy
• To execute, through the engineering planner, a maintenance management programme directed towards optimising plant availability. Control, monitor and review the maintenance, calibration, external service, repair of all production plant and equipment, within the maintenance schedules to a 90% completion rate
• Manage performance via our PDP process, disciplinary, return to work, short interval control, permit to work, purchase order generation and receipting
• Support CI activity with technical expertise and resource
• Demonstrate site principles and winning behaviours
• Support, motivate, develop and coach the team in order to recognise and reward performance and drive robust succession planning
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
• Proven experience of leading an engineering team, ideally in an FMCG environment to improve overall site performance
• Time served Electrical / Mechanical with NVQ Level 3 (Or equivalent or higher)
• Use of continuous improvement tools and techniques, in particular TPM
• Proven track record of developing high performing teams
• Experience of working in a unionised environment
• Ability to think strategically to enhance site/cultural performance
• Experience in planned maintenance systems (e.g. SAP)
• Detailed knowledge of using & developing MS Office products, particularly Excel
Final part of the mix.
You will need to be a great leader, someone who can see the longer term goal but help your team and those around you understand this and take them on the journey to success with you.
Apply on company website