Cutting Plant Manager
£ Depending on Experience
Ref : FSC-JNB-339
Rhug Organic produces organic meat of the highest standard. We are looking for an experienced Meat / Cutting Plant Production Manager with up-to-date butchery skills to organize and oversee our Cutting Plant. You will be ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all production lines and the quality of output to ensure that customer requirements are met. Customers include hotels, restaurants, delicatessens, and we also export regularly into the Middle East. To be considered for this role you must have a wealth of food production experience, be a well-rounded food manufacturing professional and have been in a site leadership role before.
- Direct and supervise the activities of the production team.
- Work with relevant Managers to implement the Company’s policies and goals.
- Prepare budgets and attend regular accounts meetings
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Monitor production to resolve issues
- Approve maintenance work, purchasing of equipment etc.
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Enforce health and safety precautions
- Recruit, develop and grow members of the team.
- Ensure customer orders are completed and despatched on time, and that quality standards and targets are met.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external food production regulations and legislation.
- Ensure that import and export procedures are followed.
- Organise a monthly stock take
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working in the meat industry or FMCG environment (essential).
- Experience of supervising shifts in a manufacturing / production environment (essential).
- Excellent communication & people management skills.
- Effective decision making.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to take accountability.
- IT literate.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Able to set budgets and calculate margins to ensure that the business is profitable
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of customs procedures when importing and exporting
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
This is a permanent, full-time position at our farm near Corwen, North Wales.
Salary negotiable and dependent on skill levels and experience.