Electrical Engineering & Controls Manager
As the Electrical Engineering & Controls Manager, reporting to the Site Engineering Manager you will be responsible for taking the lead on improving our site electrical and control systems and developing our engineering personnel.
Some key tasks will cover:
- To operate a Maintenance Management programme directed towards optimising plant availability. Control, monitor and review the maintenance, calibration, external service, repair of all production plant and equipment, within the maintenance schedules
- To ensure that all maintenance and contract work is carried out with due regard to food safety requirements and best practice
- Train and develop department personnel to achieve a multi-skilled integrated team-working environment. Provide technical leadership
- To produce a continuous improvement plan, targeted at increasing productivity from existing plant and reducing maintenance costs
- To work closely with the engineering manager to develop both yearly and 3 yearly departmental improvement plans
- Provide leadership and expertise to the Electrical Engineering teams, providing hands-on support where necessary
- Provide reports and recommendations for betterment opportunities linked to improving control philosophies throughout the plant
- Organise and manage the engineering and contract resources to provide a quality service, adherence to standards and procedures
- To be part of the engineering management team responsible for operational decision-making and key performance indicators
- To assist the Engineering Planning team in monitoring and reviewing the planned electronic and electrical maintenance frequency and schedules. Ensure that all requirements and time scales are properly adhered too
- To help manage sufficient stocks of electrical spares to allow maintenance and servicing to OEM recommendations
- To be aware of electronic and electrical engineering issues on daily basis. Proactively seek and recommend improvement opportunities
- To ensure that compliance with current legislation
- To ensure that quality, electronic and electrical standards are improved and maintained at the highest-level possible, whilst fully supporting the skills development program
- To actively support the engineering reliability program
- To actively support the energy reduction program
- Communicate and action engineering issues on daily basis.
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Time served and ideally have an HNC/HND in a relevant subject area
- Previous experience as lead or head of a department
- Ability to work with a wide range of systems within the manufacturing facility, including: PLCs & Networking Systems, VSD’s, DC convertors, Soft Starters, process control instrumentation, power distribution both HV and LV
- Good understanding of robotics, packaging lines, drives, conveyors, pumps and valves
- Ideally experienced in Food and Drink, FMCG, Packaging or similar process industries
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and root cause analysis
- Trained to the 18th Edition Electrical Regulations
- Use of CMMS, ideally SAP, but not essential
Company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, onsite parking and many more great tasting benefits to enjoy.