Food Hygiene Operative
Ensuring all production areas, machines and actual building is meeting the strict standards of food hygiene.
Hilltop Honey is looking for a new member of the team to look ensure all the production areas, machines and actual building is meeting the strict standards of food hygiene.
- Carry out scheduled daily cleaning tasks.
- Cleaning of processing equipment and production lines to meet required standards, measured through testing of samples.
- Post cleaning checks to make sure everything has been completed properly.
- Ensuring that all paperwork is correctly completed.
- Making sure that everything you do complies with company procedures for health & safety and hygiene.
- Ensuring that your cleaning and personal protective equipment are always functioning correctly.
- Regularly removing cardboard and product waste from production to the external waste skips/bins.
- Reporting any incidents or environmental concerns to your line manager.
- You may also be required to work weekends when cleaning equipment and production areas are needed; or to assist with periodic high-level cleaning of production areas (ceiling dust and waste removal)
- You’ll likely have some previous experience of either working as a hygiene operative or possibly being employed as a line operative within your current company.
- You’ll be expected to be able to work across a variety of environments and you’ll be provided with suitable personal protective equipment.
- The role is ideal for someone with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative; a fair level of fitness is also needed to fulfil the hygiene operative role to lift equipment, move waste, operate cleaning equipment etc.
- Our communication skills will also need to be good in order both to understand technical cleaning requirements and to report any issues as they arise in a clear manner.
- You will be trained in basic food hygiene, manual handling and health & safety, if you do not currently hold these certificates.
- You will be trained how to clean machinery or operate any specialist cleaning equipment.