Main Duty of Post:
The Head Brewer will be directly responsible for all brewery activities.
This includes brewing all types of our beers, cleaning and disinfecting all equipment and the general brewing area, ordering and securing an adequate supply of the necessary ingredients and supplies, and storing them in their designated locations. Ensuring a safe and prompt supply of beer to our customers, and accurately and accurately recording all brewing, sales, delivery, payments and location of each barrel.
This job involves doing regular intensive physical work, including lifting heavy things, loading and unloading 50kg beer barrels, and moving general heavy equipment. It also involves working from height and on platforms accessed via steps, or steps, using forklifts and other lifting equipment, ensuring compliance at all times with current and relevant Health and Safety legislation.
1. Constantly brewing the best beer
2. Develop new beer recipes
3. To effectively manage the day-to-day activities of the brewery
4. To assist in the training and support of all brewery staff
5. To ensure a consistently good standard with all brewing processes and various products, and to respond to any queries or complaints satisfactorily. Notify the directors immediately of any problems at the brewery, and of any likely disputes that may arise with any third party.
6. Represent the brewery locally and nationally
7. To fulfill the requirements of the equal opportunities policy, and environmental organization and policy of Brewery Lleu Cyf, and to apply the principles and practices of equality within the post
8. Clean barrels ready to fill
9. Properly fill and label barrels with beer, also fill 1,000 liter tanks and arrange delivery to bottling
10. To ensure that the cold store is kept in an orderly and tidy condition
11. General duties within the brewing department
12. Loading the vehicle in accordance with delivery procedure
13. To ensure that we comply with any special customer requirements regarding the delivery of beer
14. Collect and return empty barrels
15. Return all delivery records, clearly stating recipients for payment
16. Responsibility for invoicing and payments, and for all necessary administrative duties
17. Ensure that customers are impressed with the high value we place on customer service
18. General maintenance at the brewery
19. Tank cleaning and disinfection
20. Loading beer ready for delivery
21. Assist with general sales related administrative and office tasks eg editing customer information within the database, posting or e-mailing information to potential customers, and printing and filing invoices
22. Meet all targets and consistently meet customer requirements
23. This job involves working unsociable hours, also working some weekends, including designated annual holidays on some occasions, mainly to attend food fairs and seasonal celebrations; these are given adequate notice when possible
24. Any other duties as may be deemed necessary from time to time
Full details are available by contacting us.
This is an advertisement for the role of Head Brewer at Bragdy Lleu Cyf, for which the ability to speak, read and write fluently in Welsh and English is essential.
To apply, please send a letter of application and CV to:
Bragdy Lleu Cyf
Stâd Ddiwydiannol Penygroes
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org