Head of Technical
Ref : FSC-JNB-254
Castle Dairies is a family run manufacturer based in Caerphilly. It produces award winning butters and spreads and supplies brand and own label to many of the major retailers.
It has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Technical.
About the role:
- Be an active member of the Site Senior Management Team
- Develop and implement a technical strategy, to drive best practice
- Drive operational technical / quality standards across the business.
- Effective leadership, coaching & development of the Technical Team. (Line Manager for Factory Technical, Compliance and Process.)
- Responsible for managing technical site projects to ensure full compliance to legislative and customer requirements.
- To build strong partnership-based relationships with the retailer technical teams acting as the face of the business and as the go to technical expert
- Maintain site BRC / Customer audit performance at highest level.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Senior Technical role
- Food Science Degree (or similar)
- In-depth knowledge of HACCP, BRC and TACCP
- Experience of handling multiple customer relationships
- Proven BRC and audit track record.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proven ability to lead and develop the team in new ways of working.