To assist production to the standard required and to work to the speed needed.
Principle responsibilities and accountabilities
• To ensure that all pallets are shrink wrapped, are the correct type of pallet and are to the quality standards as set out on the pallet specification sheet.
• To ensure that all pallets which are despatched to the Stores Department are in line with specifications and are correctly labelled with no loose shrink wrap “tails”.
• To ensure that correct labels are affixed to each finished pallet.
• To ensure that all completed pallets are entered accurately and timely into the Ross system and include the lot number, best before date and correct quantity.
• To ensure that all finished goods are entered onto the production record sheets and that hourly figures are written onto the display board in the Packing Department.
• To ensure that all packaging is counted at the end of each run, a Ross number and description of the packaging item is entered and a Stock Control Return sheet is completed.
• To ensure that Tevo1 and Tevo 2 are supplied with adequate packaging materials to ensure that the line does not experience downtime due to running out of packaging.
• To ensure that the tape on the autowrapper is replaced as necessary so that there is no downtime.
• Know all the safety aspects of the job.
• Be responsible and reliable.
• Assist with any job they are given in any area of the factory, and to make sure it is to the standard required.
• Be quality conscious.
• Ensure “clean as you go” and GMP principles are adhered to.
• Ensure the correct version of the production schedule is in use and displayed.
• Ensure there are enough pallets of the correct type as per job packing specifications for the 8 hour shift and for the first 3 hours of the oncoming shift. For example: black plastic pallets for Nakd Canada jobs etc.
• Ensure there is enough packaging for the 8 hour shift and the first 3 hours of the oncoming shift. Have the materials been checked against the materials issued by Line Side controller? Have the next jobs been ordered in time with the schedule and production.
• Ensure there is sufficient supplies of the following, if not they need to be ordered via Line Side Controller.
• Glue for Bradman Lake
• Cello tape for handguns/tape sealer.
• Shrink wrap for Palletiser machine.
• Labels for labelling CDU’s, outers etc.
• Ensure there are 2 x pallets worth of labels ready at lineside at all times. But ensure that there is no over labelling. The production needs to be monitored in line with labelling to ensure over labelling is avoided to prevent waste.
• Ensure sufficient production paperwork for the shift and oncoming shift is printed off via ‘Y’ drive and correct versions in use.
• Comply with and promote company Health and Safety policies, procedures, SOPs, work instructions, notices and Permits to Work.
• Inform the company immediately if you are suffering from or are a carrier of a food borne illness, or have had a work related accident.
• Report any hazard, unsafe act or near miss to your manager immediately. Training will be arranged and reporting of significant hazards will be acknowledged in an appropriate manner.
• Ensure you are aware of, and follow, all safety instructions relating to any chemicals or substances you use at work.
• Wear PPE designated and issued for your role.
• Ensure the health, safety and environmental implications have been assessed for purchases you make on behalf of the company.
• Familiarise yourself and follow procedures for the storage and disposal of waste and redundant equipment.
• Do not drive or use any company vehicle for which you are not trained, licensed or authorised.
• Ensure you are aware of the safety representative, fire marshals and first aiders for your department or area.
• General awareness and compliance with Quality Regulations as set out in the Halo Foods Ltd Food Safety and Quality Policy.
• General awareness and compliance with Health and Safety Regulations as set out in the Halo Foods Ltd Twelve Health Safety & Environmental Rules (Document Number H&S12RULES)
Experience, skills, and knowledge will include.
• Health & Safety Awareness
• Basic Food Hygiene and GMP Training
• Flexible and Reliable
• Committed, disciplined and hard working.
• High standard of personal hygiene
To apply for the job please email your CV to Jobs@halofoods.co.uk
Working week of 40 hours (paid 37.5 hours)
On a weekly shift rotation of Days, Afternoons and Nights.
Days (Mon – Fri 06:00 -14:00)
Afternoons (Mon – Fri 14:00 – 22:00)
Nights (Mon – Fri 22:00 – 06:00)
Company benefits: Free onsite parking, pension.