Build your career with Avara Foods and join the driving force behind our success and earn a minimum of £470 per week.
As one of the UK’s largest food businesses, we are playing a critical role in keeping the nation fed. We are continuing to operate and are looking for motivated people to join our team as a Process Leader! With ambitious growth plans, we are continually investing in our facilities and our people, with opportunities to develop and build your career with us.
What’s in it for you?
• Hourly pay rate: £11.92 per hour + £1.40 shift allowance for hours worked between 6pm & 6am and on weekends
• Paid weekly
• Guaranteed hours and opportunities for overtime
• Employee benefits include a competitive pension and access to lifestyle and wellbeing resources
• A safe dynamic working environment
• Training and development opportunities from day one
Purpose of the role
As a Process Leader, you’ll help manage the production processes and production staff to meet Safety, Quality, Training, Productivity and Cost targets set by the Company, consistently and cost-effectively.
You’ll be a Key Player in the Production Department, helping drive and manage your production line to meet the customer needs to the required quality and safety standards for Avara Foods.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Achieving agreed quality standards of the product, ensuring that it is consistently produced to the agreed standard and specification.
• Ensuring KPI data is maintained and completed and report daily performance in the KPI meeting.
• Ensuring safety standards are maintained and improved within your area of responsibility including hygiene and housekeeping
• Organising and motivating production staff to ensure they are working to their full potential.
• To be aware of, understand, manage and adhere to the maintenance of good GMP, health & safety procedures, food hygiene procedures
• To comply with and promote all Avara Foods policies and procedures.
What we are looking for:
• Proven production experience with an understanding of quality requirements and fast moving processes
• Ability to be able to co-ordinate, assess and train new and existing team members
• Understanding of computerised systems
• The ability to work well within a team and communicate effectively
• Good level of communication, a good level of English and numeracy skills
• Great attention to detail and a flexible attitude to tasks
Working Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 14:30-23:00, Friday 12:30-21:00, Saturday 08:00-16:30
A little about us:
Avara Foods supply chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 7000 people.
All our facilities are Covid secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our people safe:
• Daily temperature screening
• Rolling out risk based Lateral Flow Testing across operational sites
• Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible
• Screens and barriers installed at workstations and canteens
• PPE and face coverings required in all shared spaces
• Additional facilities and amenities to reduce congestion
• Increased cleaning regimes across sites
If you’re ready to work in alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.