Production Assistant (Cooking)
Monday – Thursday: 08:00 – 16:15, Friday: 08:00 – 15:30
£10 - £11 an hour
Y Ffôr, Pwllheli
Welsh Lady Preserves Ltd
Ref : FSC-JNB-239
Department/Location: Production Department
Reports to: Production Supervisor, General Manager
Objectives & Expectations:
To assist in the production of our wide range of high quality and award winning products. To work with the team to ensure that all products are produced to company specifications, timescales, and correct quantities ordered by our customers, in a safe and hygienic manner.
- To cook products by strictly following product recipe sheets.
- Be aware of, understand, and adhere to Company policies and procedures regarding food safety.
- Weighing, weight checks, label checks, measuring and other related activities to ensure cooking activities are efficiently carried out without compromise to quality or food safety.
- Be aware of, understand, and adhere to Health and Safety regulations.
- Obtaining and preparing materials for production activities.
- Cleaning of the production areas and associated equipment.
- Monitor stock levels of all materials required.
- Perform any other duties as necessary and as directed by your Supervisor, or any member of the management team.
- To prepare glass jars and other containers such as pails for production.
- Record keeping as and when required.
- To train and mentor team members as and when necessary.
- To attend any training as identified by the Company.
- To operate container filling equipment, metal detection, capping machine, jar rinsing, drying, coding/dating equipment.
- To follow correct, start up and shut down procedures for various machines/equipment. Carry out and record relevant pre and post production checks.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Training
Essential – Mathematics and English.
Desirable – Food Hygiene, Health & Safety
Essential – Food production environment.
Qualities and Attitude
Essential – Possess good numeracy, literacy and communication skills. Attention to detail. Must be a team player. Ability to follow written procedures/instructions. Adaptable and flexible in your approach to work. Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines. Of smart and clean appearance, with excellent personal hygiene.
Essential – Experience of work in a similar production facility would be an advantage.