The Parsnipship makes vegetarian and vegan food for sale in speciality food outlets, foodservice, events, markets and festivals. We have recently secured new business which means we need more special people to help us make this all happen.
Please send your CV and a short statement (250 word max.) about how you fit the role.
We offer the REAL LIVING WAGE and a profit share for staff, which begins after a year’s continuous service.
As a crucial part of our kitchen team, you will help maintain the high hygiene & quality standards of food production contributing to the smooth running of the kitchen,assisting with goods in, stock management and the dispatch of our products.
The ideal applicant will:
● Be experienced, who has worked in a busy kitchen or food manufacturing environment for a minimum of 12 months.
● Have experience in the preparation of food in a kitchen or food manufacturing environment.
● Be passionate about great food, and preferably, about vegetarian and vegan food.
● Take pride in achieving the highest levels of cleanliness and food safety.
● Have fantastic organisational skills, thriving on getting things done, continuously learning and improving quality, culture and systems.
● Be a great communicator, enhancing the team by listening, offering direction and speaking up when something is wrong or jeopardising production or quality.
● Have stacks of energy, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude.
● Embrace change and challenge.
● Have a great sense of humour.
● All applicants will require a UK bank account, a NI number, proof of eligibility to work in the UK and be able to speak English fluently.
● NVQ 1, 2, Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene, Understanding HACCP Certifications (training can be provided for suitable candidate).
● UK driving license.
Main purpose of job:
To help maintain high standards of food production and assist with the smooth running of the kitchen.
● To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and other areas of the workplace as directed.
● To ensure that all kitchen-ware is cleaned and well maintained including using all chemicals appropriately.
● To assist in food preparation for our vegetarian products ensuring that our high production standards are adhered to under the supervision of the Production Manager.
● To comply with The Parsnipship’s HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) Plan, policies and procedures to ensure that all statutory regulations are observed.
● To comply with The Parsnipship’s SALSA (Safe And Local Supplier Approval) standards and practices and to maintain production kitchen records in accordance with these.
● To report any maintenance issues to the Production Manager immediately.
● To assist in the stock control of cleaning products and materials.
● To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required.
● To assist in packaging & dispatch of products.
Please send CV to email@example.com, with short statement about your suitability for the role.