Production Operative (Low Risk Department)
• To collect and prepare to completion ingredients/product in conjunction with production plan.
• Ensure all methods on recipes are followed, any missing or incorrect details are reported to Supervisor/Manager.
• Ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed to required standards and in a timely manner
• Working with the Low risk team to ensure the plan is achieved
• Provide cover in other areas in times of sickness and holidays when requested by the shift manager / supervisor
• Attend training courses and meetings as necessary to maintain standards and assist in carrying out the job role efficiently
• Notification to Team Leader / Supervisor or Manager if product is not within specification guidelines
• To highlight any health &safety or quality issues to manager
• To report any incidences of absence promptly and according to the company sickness procedure.
• Report and take necessary action for any incidents of fire, damage, loss or other accidents
• To carry out any reasonable management requests
• Taking and accurately recording of weights/ temperatures/products, for quality/traceability purposes.
• Stock rotated correctly (First in first out)
• Communication with supervisor/manager on any shortages in a timely manner
• To wear PPE appropriate for the task undertaking
• Safe working environment awareness
• Report immediately any equipment which is faulty, mark as faulty and do not use
• Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and company regulations, wearing company uniform as specified
• Ensure clean as you go policy is adhered to at all times
• To attend all training provided by the company that is necessary for my development for my role.
• To be competent in job tasks that require the operation of the following machinery and processes:-
Mincer, Dicer , Pastry line machinery, foil line, Hobart mixer, Riggs depositor, Batching recipes, Operating Tin opener, Decanting product to high care, Use of Sanitizer tunnel, Racking up of product. Some of the tasks will involve assembling machine parts and also dismantling machine parts for cleaning purposes.
Days = Mon to Friday 40 hours: 6am-2pm
Afternoons = Mon to Thurs 32 hours: 2pm to 10pm