Production Operative – PM
Start your career with Avara Foods and join the driving force behind our success and earn a minimum of £335 per week.
As one of the UK’s largest food businesses, we are playing a critical role in keeping the nation fed. We are continuing to operate and are looking for motivated people to join our team as a Production Operative. With ambitious growth plans, we are continually investing in our facilities and our people, with opportunities to develop and build your career with us.
What’s in it for you?
- Hourly pay rate: £9.00 + £1.40 shift premium
- Paid weekly
- Guaranteed hours and opportunities for overtime
- Employee benefits include a competitive pension and access to lifestyle and wellbeing resources
- A safe dynamic working environment
- Training and development opportunities from day one
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be involved in the production and packaging of raw food products whilst adhering to food hygiene procedures. You will adhere to health and safety at all times and follow all tasks in line with food safety rules.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Weighing, assembling and packing products ready for despatch.
- Labelling of products
- To pack and grade product to the required standard and meet the required packing rates as instructed by Team Leader/Management
- Manual handling, lifting equipment and products up to 20kg
- Carry out all duties in line with bird welfare, food safety and HSE guidelines
- Carry out all duties in line with customer specifications and requirements.
- Wearing the required and correct PPE at all times
- Co-operate in the continuous improvement of Avara Foods quality, safety and productivity standards.
- Maintaining a clean production environment individually and as part of a team
What we are looking for:
- Good level of English and basic numeracy skills
- The ability to work well within a team and communicate effectively
- Good attention to detail and a flexible attitude to tasks
- Experience within a production/manufacturing environment is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
A little about us:
Avara Foods supply chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 7000 people.
All our facilities are Covid secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our people safe:
- Daily temperature screening
- Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible
- Screens and barriers installed at workstations and canteens
- PPE and face coverings required in all shared spaces
- Additional facilities and amenities to reduce congestion
- Increased cleaning regimes across sites
If you’re ready to work in alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
Working Hours: Tuesday - Thursday 14:30pm - 23:00pm; Friday 12:30am - 21:00pm; Saturday 08:00am - 16:30pm
Flexible shifts available