Starting at £24,000 per year (dependent on experience)
Welsh Lady Preserves
Ref : FSC-JNB-322
Welsh Lady Preserves is a family-run business established in 1966, and makers of a wide range of premium fruit preserves and savoury sauces using traditional methods.
We manufacture, promote and sell our own Welsh Lady brand, but also offer a private label and bespoke manufacturing service. As a Company, we pride ourselves on being at the forefront of innovation and are frequently involved in bringing new and exciting products to market. We have established a reputation for producing the highest quality products and have won multiple awards.
We are now looking for a Production Supervisor to join us at our factory on the beautiful Llyn Peninsula in North Wales, based just off the A499 between Pwllheli and Caernarfon. It is an exciting time at Welsh Lady; the business is expanding rapidly, and we need someone to assist in monitoring manufacturing and packing of all products included within the scope of Welsh lady Preserves’ processes.
To train and oversee the labour of individuals in the manufacturing of preserves and condiments within the factory. To organise and monitor workflow on the production floor. To improve employee efficiency to maximise production output. To ensure production areas are clean and safe for all staff members. To ensure that all Company documentation/paperwork is completed accurately. To ensure that all orders are completed and despatched accurately and on time.
A key part of this role is preparation for the next day/week ahead. It is expected that the Production Supervisor is present on the floor on a daily basis before the arrival of other production staff in order to delegate tasks clearly for the day ahead. At the end of the day, preparation should be completed for the factory to commence promptly at 8.00am the next morning.
Experience of cooking preserves, chutneys, sauces or mustards is highly desirable, together with familiarity of working with an automated capper and filling machine.
- Liaise with office to ensure all orders are processed to agreed timescales.
- Prepare and agree weekly production plan in conjunction with senior manager
- Monitor and maintain stocks of raw materials to ensure production requirements are met
- Help to develop and implement company policies and procedures
- Ensure that all company documentation and records are completed accurately and kept up to date.
- Delegate manufacturing tasks so that team can meet production deadlines
- Manage the efforts of manufacturing workers on the production floor
- Communicate expectations to production workers and appraise their performance
- Educate production team members about preferred occupational health and safety practices
- Establish priorities to ensure manufacturing team works most efficiently
- Check manufacturing equipment and control points to ensure efficient workflow is maintained
- Address production problems as they arise
- Organise for the repair or replacement of faulty production equipment
- Evaluate new production equipment
- Report on team performance to production manager
- Make recommendations about ways to improve employee efficiency and reduce costs
- Train new production workers to perform their duties
- Counsel and discipline production employees who fail to perform or violate company policies
- Implement recommended manufacturing cost reduction strategies
- Nurture co-operation and communication within production team and other departments
- Mathematics and English.
- Food production environment (cooking)
- Possess good numeracy, literacy and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Leadership skills.
- Time and Priority Management.
- Ability to delegate.
- Problem solving.
- Adaptable and flexible in your approach to work. Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Of smart and clean appearance, with excellent personal hygiene.
- Experience of work in a similar production facility would be an advantage.
Food Hygiene, Health & Safety