Sales & Marketing Knowledge Transfer Affiliate (HELIX)
Fixed Term, Full-Time
£25,627 per annum + benefits
Ref : FSC-JNB-274
Cardiff Metropolitan University ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre, which is one of three food centres which collectively form Food Innovation Wales (*), has a series of fixed-term opportunities for Knowledge Exchange Affiliates – to work within Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) companies in the food and drink manufacturing sector.
This exciting job opportunity is a fixed term contract working as a Sales and Marketing Affiliate at Blas ar Fwyd, Llanrwst, North Wales.
Blas ar Fwyd is a Welsh “food hub”, specialising in quality foods and drinks since 1988. The business serves both the public and trade customers; the public through their café-bar, delicatessen and wine shop and the trade through their Welsh food wholesale and distribution services.
This is an ideal role for an early career stage commercial graduate who wants to gain experience within the food and drink industry; and as this is a Knowledge Transfer Affiliate role, you will benefit from mentoring throughout the duration of your employment, by members of our Centre’s marketing and commercial team.
What you’ll do – key duties
- To understand the external and internal environment within which the industry partner is working.
- To analyse existing industry sales and marketing practices within the Industrial partners’ operations and implement interventions that aim to improve these functions.
- To use market research, consumer trends and company data to support the industrial partners key aims
- To present findings and recommendations to industry partners with support from Commercial and Marketing team.
- To report on steps and help embed improvements within the host company’s operation in accordance with best-in-class sales and marketing practice.(*) Food Innovation WalesBased at three food centres across Wales, our team of internationally recognised industry experts help food and drink companies grow, innovate, compete and reach new markets. From new start-ups to established companies, Food Innovation Wales is on hand to provide technical and commercial support.
What you’ll have – essential qualifications
• 5 GCSE’s including English and Mathematics at grade C or above, or equivalent qualification.
• BA/BSc (Hons) in a relevant subject (Marketing, Business).
Fixed Term until 30th June 2023
To view the full job description/person specification for this role including salary and company benefits and for further details on how to apply visit http://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/jobs
If you would like to talk with us about this opportunity please contact Abi Harwood-Cowley, Marketing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org /02920 416487.