Senior Whey Plant Technician
39 hours per week
£ Depending on Candidate
South Caernarfon Creameries Ltd
Ref : FSC-JNB-385
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
You will manage a team of whey technicians on a day-to-day basis, whilst driving the team’s performance, efficiencies and KPI’s. You will support the Head of Cheese Production in managing the production of whey products and help train and develop new and existing team members. You will ensure on-going compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Quality, Hygiene, and Food Safety standards expectations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Job role primarily includes, but is not limited to):
- To be fully conversant with all the whey plant processes.
- Assist the Head of Cheese Production with the enhancement of both the technical and performance of the whey processing plant.
- Be able to manage the whey plant operation including overseeing and controlling all incoming and outgoing products, the proper operation and maintenance of all equipment, production output, cleaning & hygiene, product specifications, quality and manage all personal.
- Responsible for the enforcement of all safety rules, GMP’s, company policies and quality programs in order to maintain the stringent quality and hygiene standards.
- Ensure that all processes and procedures are adhered to at all times, and quality checks are carried out to the correct frequencies as per SOP’s.
- Be able to troubleshoot and resolves operational/mechanical problems in a timely basis to insure an efficient, smooth flow of product.
- Ensure preventative maintenance inspections on a daily, weekly, monthly schedule to identify problems before they occur.
- Responsible for developing accurate whey plant Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Assist in establishing training and development needs for team members to ensure adequate skill sets are available to optimise performance and monitor progress in line with SOP’s.
- Ensure that plant cleaning and hygiene procedures are followed for each process of the plant liaising with the technical team as required.
- Continuously monitor each whey production process and makes necessary adjustments for a smooth continuous flow.
- Maintain communication with the whey plant operators and cheese production personnel as required.
- Liaise with cheese production managers for scheduling and maintaining levels of whey plant operators
- Assist with monitoring and controlling attendance and time keeping, ensuring absence notification and return to work procedures are followed in line with company procedures.
- Ensure that Health & Safety policies are being adhered to at all times and carry out risk assessments on the whey plant processes as required.
- Developing safe working procedures for operations within the department following completion of all necessary risk assessments.
- Ensure all environmental controls and procedures are religiously carried out where necessary.
- Monitor and maintain all whey plant set KPI’s.
Send CV to Andy Goswell
Supervising whey plant technicians.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING
- Strong leadership skills with a minimum of 2 years Supervisory experience.
- Previous experience of working within a modern high-tech food processing plant
- Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
- Excellent IT skills to include experience with Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Previous experience of carrying out risk assessments in the workplace
- Good communication skills and able to liaise with the Management team and other areas of manufacturing.
- A sound understanding of the chemical and microbiological factors affecting milk and its processing through to cheese and whey products (desirable).
- A sound understanding of a food production plant and equipment from an engineering standpoint, with the ability to assist engineering in the fault finding, repair and development process (desirable).
- Leadership in Management level 3 qualification (desirable)
- Level 3 HACCP in Manufacturing (desirable)
- Level 3Food Safety & Hygiene in Manufacturing (desirable)
- IOSH Managing Safely (desirable)
- Good understanding of site BRC, H&S and Environmental systems
Send CV to Andy Goswell
Closing date for applications
Contact for further information
Andy Goswell (Head of Cheese Production)