- Manage and control the efficient running of allocated production lines in their entirety.
- Ensure that the customer’s orders are produced safely, to the correct specification, in a timely and effective manner and in line with budget.
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Improvement Manager (MIM) and Area Managers to realise the Lean agenda in area of responsibility.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Operate as part of the Factory and Area Management team to achieve KPI targets for area of responsibility e.g. cost variance, efficiency, waste, TOS, CPM, safety rating, hygiene rating, PQE.
- Be responsible for the Shift/Line Lean Manufacturing strategy including owning the implementation roadmap, and delivering team actions on time.
- Promote and practice through personal example, behaviours consistent with the company vision and values. Provide guidance, support and leadership to others in working to those values and take the necessary formal action when individuals fail to comply.
- Responsible for all safe working practices within designated area, specifically compliance with H&S legislation on training
- With guidance from SHE Manager/Area Operations Manager – ensure all safety inspections, risk assessments, accident investigations and corrective action plans are carried out in accordance with company policy and legal requirements
Quality & Hygiene
- Management of employees to ensure all manufacturing output is right first time and ensuring completion of PQEs
- Proactively analyse and investigate customer complaints and agree action plans for reduction and elimination of issues
Cost & Delivery
- Create daily shift report for designated production line/s, accurately reporting reason for variances against KPI’s
- Analyse and investigate any variance to line standards in respect of waste, material usage, TOS, downtime etc – agree formal action plan with timescales and accountabilities for improvement.
- Deploy operators to maximum effectiveness to agreed standard manning levels. Control relief and break patterns within each team. Hold briefing meetings with team to give feedback on performance, to discuss immediate issues and longer term improvement opportunities
- In conjunction with the HR Department, implement training provisions for all new entrant staff and ensure training records are completed. Identify specific training for individuals based on development needs
- Conduct face to face shift handovers and coach team members to do the same
(if applicable) Apply on company website