Taproom & Visitor Coordinator
Fixed Term (6 months)
32 Hours a Week
Bluestone Brewing Co Ltd
Ref : FSC-JNB-240
We are looking for somebody with energy and enthusiasm who will help to increase visitor numbers to our taproom. We have lots of exciting projects taking place at the Brewery and plenty of opportunities to add value to the customer experience, we are looking for somebody with fresh ideas to take control of the taproom and maximise its potential.
With 5 taps on the bar and shelves & fridges full of beer, we have a wide variety of products available, so a good knowledge of craft beer is highly desired, but not strictly required. An enthusiasm to learn, grow your knowledge and to share that knowledge with our customers is far more important.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Greeting customers as they arrive
- Serving drinks and takeaway beers to customers
- Serving customers in a professional, efficient & friendly manner
- Helping customers make informed choices about which beers they may enjoy
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic bar environment, which includes regularly cleaning beer lines
- Helping to pack Ecommerce orders when required at busy times
- Taking payments from customers, which includes handling cash
- Undertake daily and weekly cleaning to maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene of the taproom including cleaning tables after customers have left, end of day cleaning of the bar and regular toilet checks throughout the day
- Learn about our products and suppliers to better answer customers’ questions
- Carry out a weekly stock take, restock the taproom when needed and keep the storeroom neat and organised
- Work with the Brewery Marketing team to promote the Taproom and increase visitor numbers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous bar, retail, or hospitality experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- A good understanding of food hygiene and customer service
- The ability to work well in a team
- Great timekeeping and communication skills
- Own transport (if not residing in immediate locale)
- An interest in beer
- Fluency in spoken Welsh (desirable)
Full training will be given for using the till and cellar system
Other benefits include a beer allowance, event tickets and staff discounts on beer & merchandise.