Llaeth y Llan produces and delivers dairy products which are sold through the channel of their own brand. The products are specially targeted at independent food retailers, multi-retailers and wholesalers within the chilled food sector.
To manage the whole Technical function of the business and to manage all the processes from receipt of raw material, through production and despatch of product; to meet Quality and Health and Safety targets; maintain BRC and other accreditations for the site; to maintain good working relationship with external organisations such as EHO and trading standards: continuous review and improvement of processes, resourcing and delivery; alignment of Quality processes with strategic planning.
- Liaise and work with all operating staff including drivers to fully implement the working procedures to achieve the required standards.
- Maintain our AA grade BRC Global Standard Food Safety Version 8 standard
- Liaise with BRC auditors and other third party auditors and ensure compliance at all times.
- Review HACCP at least annually and ensure the identified hazards are under control and CCPs are monitored effectively. Lead and Develop new product HACCP with the nominated HACCP team.
- Liaise with NPD Manager to advise on Quality procedures
- Liaise with Operations Manager to develop measurable KPI targets for the whole site and review them monthly.
- Address and resolve any process problems that could impact product safety, legality and quality.
- Address and resolve critical suppliers issues while still maintaining their approval.
- Address and resolve all customers complaints with effective close out. Produce and analyse trend of complaints to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensure that all internal or external laboratory testing/internal equipment calibration is carried out to schedule and meets required specifications.
- Develop and implement a pro-active new testing regime to meet business needs
- Implement a product positive release system based on HACCP and external Lab micro verification.
- Develop and implement a product mass balance and monitor it daily to highlight and reduce wastage.
- Deal with all site NCRs and their effective close out with corrective action plan.
- Order starter cultures and laboratory tests consumables.
- Oversee health and safety daily and liaise with health and safety contractor and Directors.
- Plan and arrange maintenance visits for critical plant and measuring equipment.
- address and resolve any issues raised in routine inspection visits from EHO and Trading Standards
- Verify product recipe information is accurate and meets the label information by calculation and analysis.
- Determine and manage training needs as relevant to the business.
- Maximise profitability while maintaining standards and reducing wastage.
- Ensure that all quality records are accurate and are kept for the correct length of time.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills, personal qualities.
Any other duties as and when required by Line Manager that are reasonably within the capabilities of the person and are aimed at achieving the company objectives and goals.