Trainee Ice Cream and Development Chef
40 hours per week
£18,720 - £20,800
Ref : FCE-JNB-223
- Support the team to source quality sustainable ingredients
- Develop recipes for new ice cream and sorbet flavours
- Innovate new frozen dessert products
- Be a key part of our new venture in making our own chocolate products
General Ice Cream Chef duties include
- Weighing, mixing, pasteurising, freezing and extracting ingredients to make super-premium sorbet and ice cream according to recipes.
- Decorate, blast freeze and store correctly.
- Fill and label wholesale pots using potting machine.
- Mix and cook sauces, inclusions and syrups for use with frozen desserts.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications.
- Wash and operate production equipment safely and according to instructions.
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift and note any stock shortages.
- Adhere to all food hygiene & safety standards, ensuring records are kept up to date.
- Coordinate with production and front of house staff.
You will be instrumental in building the food trade through consistently producing popular flavours to a high standard.
Ensure the highest possible standards of presentation by ensuring that displays, fixtures, fittings and premises are maintained in accordance with the cleaning schedule.
- Contribute towards the delivery of hospitality and events including the set-up, service and clear down as required.
- Present a smart, professional appearance and good personal hygiene.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Report any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss or damage and act as appropriately.
- Carry out any reasonable request from any member of the Management team within the general scope and purpose of the role.
- Be aware of customers with food allergies and special dietary requirements, and ensure you are well briefed on all necessary procedures that are in place to safeguard you.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in any of the following: Food technology, manufacturing, food preparation, cooking, baking, confectionary
- Customer Service Skills
- Food Hygiene Certificate obtained within the last 24 months (Desirable)
- Experience with Food Allergies, Special Diets and Labelling (Desirable)
Aptitude, skills and abilities
- A genuine interest in balancing flavours and experimenting to create new frozen dessert products and chocolates is essential (specialist training will be provided, however, any relevant experience is highly desirable).
- Actively contribute to the development and delivery of a positive culture, which safeguards the wellbeing of all members of the team.
- Physical strength and stamina
- Adopt professional behaviours, attitudes and body language at all times, setting an example for others.
- Embed the values into all aspects of service delivery.
- To be able to demonstrate flexibility by working any additional and unsociable hours necessary to maintain services and respond to fluctuations in business patterns and in support of colleagues and customers.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Smart, neat appearance.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Positive attitude.
- Working within a customer focused environment.
- Passion for working within the Food Manufacturing and/or Hospitality and Catering Industry.
- Permanent all year round contracts
- Generous Holiday Allowance: Up to 35 days pro rata (including the annual close down period over Christmas week and the whole of January)
- We only require team members to work one day at the weekends as part of the standard rota
- A free meal and drinks with every shift over 4 hours
- Paid breaks
- A small family run business with an informal friendly, fun and supportive team
- Organised social events throughout the year
- Beautiful surroundings in Beddgelert, Snowdonia National Park
- Staff discount
- Training and personal development opportunities