Trainee Pizza Chef
40 hours per week
£18,720 - £20,800
Ref : FCE-JNB-224
Main purpose of job:
Deliver high standards of service to our customers. Works closely with the Duty Managers, Kitchen Manager and other Pizza Chefs to deliver exceptional customer experience to drive repeat business.
- Mix, ball and hand-stretch dough consistently.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications.
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently.
- Assist with the cleaning and organisation of kitchen and equipment.
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift.
- Adhere to all food hygiene & safety standards.
- Coordinating with kitchen and front of house staff.
- Supporting Kitchen Manager with completion of all food safety and health & safety checks e.g. temperature checks, date labelling.
- You will be instrumental in building the food trade through consistently producing popular dishes to a high standard.
- Contribute towards the delivery of hospitality and events around site including the set-up, service and clear down as required.
- Present a smart, professional appearance and good personal hygiene.
- Maintain standards of safety and hygiene per legislation and other statutory requirements.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Report any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss or damage and act as appropriate.
- Carry out any reasonable request from any member of the Management team within the general scope and purpose of the role.
- Be aware of customers with food allergies and special dietary requirements, and ensure you are well briefed on all necessary procedures that are in place to safeguard you.
- Contribute to new product development.
Qualifications and Experience
- Customer Service Skills
- Cooking, baking or food preparation experience
- Food Hygiene Certificate obtained within the last 24 months (Desirable)
- Experience with Food Allergies, Special Diets and Labelling (Desirable)
Aptitude, skills and abilities
- Actively contribute to the development and delivery of a positive culture, which safeguards the wellbeing of all members of the team.
- Physical Strength and stamina
- Adopt professional behaviours, attitudes and body language at all times, setting an example for others.
- Embed the values into all aspects of service delivery.
- To be able to demonstrate flexibility by working any additional and unsociable hours necessary to maintain services and respond to fluctuations in business patterns and in support of colleagues and customers.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Smart, neat appearance.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong team player
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Positive attitude.
- Working within a customer focused environment.
- Passion for working within the Catering and Hospitality industry.
- Permanent all year round contracts
- Generous Holiday Allowance: Up to 35 days pro rata (including the annual close down period over Christmas week and the whole of January)
- We only require team members to work one day at the weekends as part of the standard rota
- A free meal and drinks with every shift over 4 hours
- Paid breaks
- A small family run business with an informal friendly, fun and supportive team
- Organised social events throughout the year
- Beautiful surroundings in Beddgelert, Snowdonia National Park
- Staff discount
- Training and personal development opportunities
40 hours per week – flexing up to 50 in summer and down to 30 in winter
* This role also benefits from sociable hours from 8am-6pm