40 hours a week
£25,000 - £32,000
The Welsh Pantry
Ref : FCE-JNB-226
Health & Safety:
- To contribute towards maintaining and improving the site health and safety standards. There is no higher priority than safety on our site.
- Carry out all duties and specific responsibilities in compliance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure only raw materials including packaging from approved suppliers are accepted into the business.
- To ensure raw materials including packaging are delivered in line with agreed specifications by maintaining a robust raw material and delivery vehicle inspection process in line with relevant schedules.
- To ensure any issues with raw materials are escalated in a timely manner liaising directly with the Quality Manager to ensure resolution.
- To ensure traceability records of all incoming goods are completed fully and accurately.
- To aspire to attain the highest achievable standard of hygiene and housekeeping in the warehouse area, and maintain consistent, audit-ready standards.
Service / Material management:
- To take full responsibility for achievement of the production plan by ensuring that there are adequate material stocks on site prior to production run times to ensure there is no risk of service interruption to the customer base.
- To actively develop and work towards developing a stock control system to manage and control food ingredients and packaging materials based on the demands of the business and manage the stock level to ensure the factory is supplied in accordance with volume demands.
- To work closely with the procurement team to ensure that the purchasing of materials will not exceed use by or best before life and to also ensure that the site storage capacity is not exceeded.
- To maximise performance via measurement, monitoring and analysis of factory information including material loss, output, utilisation, labour efficiency, quality, hygiene, energy and waste.
- To be responsible for all people management activities including absence management, disciplinaries and any grievances in line with Company policies and procedures.
- To determine and ensure the achievement of the skills & training requirements of the team, to fulfil current and future business needs.
- To lead, coach and & motivate a team to achieve individual & departmental development.
- To work collaboratively with other department managers in undertaking these responsibilities to ensure that site runs to the highest standard possible.
- To facilitate the development of an open culture of pro-activity where people take pride in what they do and feel a sense of involvement and self-worth.
- To develop problem solving & trouble shooting skills to ensure that all team members can identify root causes & take fast & effective responses to problems.
- Ensure that controllable costs are managed specifically labor and material loss.
- Prevent the cost of same day deliveries by have adequate stock on site.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of FMCG manufacturing
- Skilled in people management
- Numerate with a clear understanding of cost drivers
- Knowledge of and experience of GMP
- Knowledge of legislation governing Food Compliance, Health and Safety and Employment Law
- Previous experience using Sage via the MRP and ERP system, to help control the inventory of stock
- Lead by example
- Can do approach
- Clear Communication
- Problem solving and analysis
- Attention to detail
- Employee Relations
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Employee of the month reward
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Free parking onsite
- Generous holiday allowance