Warehouse Operative / 7.5t driver
Various Shift Patterns
£11.17 per hour
Halo Foods Limited
Ref : FSC-JNB-305
We’re getting busy at Skinny Bar HQ so need to grow our Warehouse team
Offload raw material delivery vehicles and locate stock, prepare and transfer stock from Warehouse to Production in a timely manner using the company FLT and 7.5t vehicles, in accordance with site policies and Health and Safety standards.
Liaising will all levels of Warehouse and Production management on stock required.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Prepare and carry out the safe offloading of raw material delivery vehicles. Carry out vehicle inspections in accordance with company food hygiene procedures and advise Warehouse Shift Supervisor of any issues.
- Liaise and discuss with Raw Materials QA staff on any issues relating to the quality of incoming goods.
- Help to keep down time in production to a minimum by assisting Material Controller and Warehouse Shift Supervisor to pick raw materials and packaging for production.
- Prepare and carry out the safe loading of finished products onto all collection vehicles, ensuring pallets are loaded in the correct order
- Process stock returned from Production and relocate into Warehouse racking
- Ensure stock being moved to production is inverted onto plastic pallets (where required)
- Ensure FLT and check sheets are completed daily.
- Load company 7.5t vehicle with pallets of raw material and packaging using counterbalance or Flexi FLT and deliver to Production. Ensure required stock is delivered within the agreed timescale to ensure down time is kept to a minimum, whilst ensuring health, safety and hygiene standards are not compromised.
- Drive the company 7.5t vehicle to deliver all pallets of raw materials to the Factory and also ensure all pallets of finished product are moved from the Factory to the Warehouse, keeping Factory airlock and Production areas clear at all times.
- Ensure FLT and 7.5t vehicle check sheets are completed daily.
- Be familiar with the company I.T. system (Ross) to enable the successful location of raw materials, returns and finished products into the Warehouse racking using the handheld barcode scanning equipment.
- Maintain the company’s hygiene and GMP standards and procedures, operating within good health and safety manufacturing practices, including a “clean as you go” policy.
- Comply and promote health and safety policies, procedures, work instructions and permits to work.
- Assist the Warehouse Shift Supervisor and/or Warehouse Shift Manager with any job you are given, ensuring it is to the required standard.
- Constant drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Committed and disciplined
- Well organised with excellent time management skills
- Clear and concise communication skills are mandatory – able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business
- Ability to work constructively under pressure and to required deadlines
- Accurate and timely reporting skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience of working within a similar Warehouse environment
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Computer literate. Skills to include use of hand scanning equipment and Outlook.
- Licensed and experienced in operating a counterbalance and/or Flexi FLT (although full training can be given).
- Licensed and experienced in operating a 7.5t Vehicle (this can be either CPC holder or on acquired rights).
- Confident team player with the ability to identify issues and proactively resolve them.
Weekly rotating 3 shift pattern
Days – 6am-2pm – any 5 shifts out of 6, Monday to Saturday
Afternoons – 2pm-10pm –Monday to Friday
Nights – 10pm-6am – any 5 shifts out of 6, Sunday to Friday